Followers

Monday, September 19, 2016

Inspiration Post


For todays inspiration I decided to use this wonderful image of the fox shaman. As soon as I saw it, I knew that it would be perfect for my parlour. I just love foxes and am lucky enough to see them on a regular basis. I began by painting an 8x8 canvas with my H2Os..a golden colour in the middle and green around the edges. I then stencilled leaves around the edges. I wanted to give the impression that the heart of the forest where the shaman was is glowing. It made me think of the sunshine shining through the leaves. I remember as a child walking home down a lane and the trees formed a canopy over my head and the sunshine twinkled through the leaves.....a magical memory that has always stayed with me. I coloured the shamen with a mixture of my copics and my promarkers..I often mix all my colouring mediums..each give a different look but somehow it seems to work.I finally added the beads by using liquid pearls in many different colours. The only hard thing was finding somewhere for the canvas to dry around my cats..lol. I hope that you will pop over to the SLS Lines shop and take a ook at all the magical images that are available. So until next time...take care and happy crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment