Followers

Friday, January 30, 2015

Sharon's First Post!

Hi Everyone

I'm Sharon and I'm Guest Designing here at SLS Lines for a few months and this is my first post here!

I just love the range of quirky digis available at the SLS Lines Etsy Store - I like things that are not so "normal" LOL so Sal's images are absolutely perfect for me & I am so looking forward to creating & sharing here!


Today I'm sharing a tag made using "Goth Girl with Heart Balloons" click here to be taken to the direct link at the store. As you can see I have only printed part of the image on my tag - I love the effect!


This tag is really quite quick to make - good for when you want to create something in a hurry that still looks effective and complicated!!

Here's some quick instructions for you - and I'd love to see your creations if you decide to have a go - leave me a link in the comments section here and I'll "pop over" and leave you a comment on how fantastic it looks!!

I started with a scrap piece of card and cut it to a tag shape - punched a hole at the top and then coloured it with Distress Stains and a tiny bit of acrylic paint. Put your stains and paint on a mat or I use alfoil sometimes and drag your tag through the colour, keep lifting & dabbing until the whole tag is coloured and then let dry. Next simply print part of the whole of your image onto the tag. I decided to add some "highlight" colour with Copic Markers to the eyes, lips and basic hair outline plus a bit of sparkle for her eyeshadow! The black flower vine is simply a rub on strip - looks effective! Then I added some of my gyprock sticky mesh which a "tradie" left at our house after some renovation work and it's now one of my favourite "add ons". Sponge the edges with distress ink, add some Distress Stain dyed ribbon to the top. I found a little cross sticker which I added to her necklace. There we go all done in record time!

Hope you like this and feel "inspired" to get creating!

See you all again next month and thanks to Sal & the SLS "Team" for having me!

Sharon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment